SunButter® Chocolate Chip Scones
Number of portions: 32
Size of portions: 1 Scone
4 cups Flour, bread
3 cups Flour, all-purpose
1/2 cup Corn starch
2/3 cup Sugar
4 Tbsp Baking powder
2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Butter
1 3/4 cup Milk
2 Egg, whole
2 Egg, yolk
1 cup SunButter
2 cups Chocolate chunks
2 cups Confectioners sugar
1 Tbsp SunButter
4 tsp Milk
1. In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients (flours, corn starch, sugar, baking powder, salt) and whisk to combine.
2. Add the cold butter and mix with a pastry cutter until it is evenly distributed and the mixture resembles cornmeal.
3. In a bowl mix the milk, egg, egg yolk and SunButter, mix well.
4. Pour the liquids into the dry mixture.
5. Mix lightly; add in the chocolate chunks. Mix the batter until just combined. Do not over mix.
6. Pour the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 5 or 6 times, rotating as you go.
7. Form the dough into 4 discs, each about 8 inches in diameter.
8. Cut each disc into 8 pieces. Place scones 1 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
9. Refrigerate for 20 minutes and preheat oven to 400˚.
10. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden brown. Cool, then glaze.