Coconut SunButter® Bread Pudding
Number of portions: 25
Size of portions: 1 Piece
1 lb Whole Grain bread
0.5 cup Butter, melted
1 quart Coconut or almond milk
0.5 cup Granulated sugar
0.5 tsp Kosher salt
8 Whole eggs
2 cups SunButter, creamy
1 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground
2 Bananas, overripe sliced or mashed
1 cup Coconut, shredded unsweetened
1. Tear or cut bread into cubes.
2. Drizzle melted butter over bread cubes and toss well.
3. Bring milk, sugar, and salt to a boil.
4. Temper in eggs. Stir in SunButter and cinnamon to incorporate.
5. Pour custard over bread cubes.
6. Fold bananas and coconut into the custard bread mixture.
7. Bake in greased hotel pans or individual ramekins at 350°F for 30-40 minutes (full pans) or 20–30 minutes (individuals), or until fully cooked and brown on top.
Can be served with mixed berries, ice cream or whipped cream.
Dairy milk can be substituted for the coconut or almond milk.