What flavors do you crave during the fall months? You likely thought of apple, pumpkin, and spices! With delicious foods, colorful decorations, and fun outdoor activities in the newly crisp air, fall is a time that bonds family and friends together over the best tastes and smells. Bountiful fall crops are bursting with flavors, so it’s a great time to try a new recipe and invite your favorite people over to try it.
Fall flavors are a big hit in the kitchen. Pumpkin spice is everywhere this time of year – pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin soup are just a small sample of where this beloved flavor is popping up. Apples are another top ingredient as most varieties peak in September. Enjoy baked apples as dessert, or snack on a caramel apple at the fall fair. Don’t forget about butternut squash and sweet potatoes. These hearty and flavorful vegetables are the perfect side dish to any meal. Using one of these tasty ingredients in a recipe is a great way to keep everyone happy!
When making food for tailgates, a family gathering, or a simple night at home, we have the perfect recipes for you. Below are our favorites to enjoy throughout the whole season.
- SunButter Latte: Warm up with this delicious drink and start your day off right.
- Cinnamon Oatmeal: This recipe is the most delicious way to start a cool fall morning.
- Apple Cider Donuts with Maple Glaze: Donuts are popular everywhere right now. Instead of waiting in line at your local donut shop, make these tasty donuts right at home.
- Pumpkin Pie Dip: This is the perfect dip for tailgates or happy hours. Serve it with apples, pears, graham crackers, or vanilla wafers to keep people coming back for seconds.
- Apple Sandwich: Stay healthy by using apple slices as bread. Kids of all ages will enjoy this unique treat.
- Caramel Apple Oat Squares: These squares are the perfect on-the-go snack or quick breakfast when you’re rushing out the door.
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes: Enhance any meal with these tasty and nutritious potatoes.
- Roasted Sunny Soup: Butternut squash is the perfect fall vegetable. Mix it with some SunButter and it’ll be the highlight of your night.
- Lentil Soup: This hearty soup is full of protein and fiber. Make a big batch so you can save some for later.
- Maple Fudge: Don’t skip this dessert! This indulgent treat will be an instant hit at any event.
As a top 8 allergen-free food, SunButter Sunflower Butter is a great addition to your fall menu and fall recipes! Our delicious sunflower seed spread isn’t made for just sandwiches. It’s the perfect ingredient in many recipes. With 7 grams of protein per serving, SunButter has as much protein as the leading peanut butter and it’s higher in vitamins and minerals. Plus, it’s a perfect school-safe solution to pack for lunches and snacks where peanuts can’t be served.